Checking a website for safety
October 3, 2023
Kaspersky application allows checking the safety of a website before you click a link to open it. Websites are checked using URL Advisor.
The URL Advisor component checks links on a web page opened in Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Kaspersky application displays one of the following icons next to the checked link:
– if the linked web page is safe according to Kaspersky;
– if there is no information about the safety status of the linked web page;
– if according to Kaspersky, hackers can cause harm to your computer or your data by using the web page that the link leads to;
– if according to Kaspersky, the web page that the link leads to can be infected or hacked;
– if the linked web page is dangerous according to Kaspersky.
To view a pop-up window with more details on the link, move the mouse pointer to the corresponding icon.
By default, Kaspersky application checks links in search results only. You can enable URL checking on every website.
To configure URL checking on websites:
- Open the main application window.
- Click in the lower part of the main window.
This opens the Settings window.
- Select the Security settings section.
- Click the Safe Browsing button.
This opens the Safe Browsing settings window.
- By clicking the Advanced Settings link, open the advanced settings of Safe Browsing.
- In the URL Advisor block, select the Check URLs check box.
- If you want Kaspersky application to scan the content of all websites, select On all websites except those specified.
- If necessary, specify web pages that you trust in the Exclusions window. Open this window by clicking the Manage exclusions link. Kaspersky application does not scan the content of specified web pages.
- If you want Kaspersky application to check the content of specific web pages only:
- Select the On specified websites only option.
- Click the Configure checked websites link to open the Checked websites window.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the address of the web page whose content you want to check.
- Select the checking status for the web page (if the status is Active, Kaspersky application checks web page content).
- Click the OK button.
The specified web page appears in the list in the Checked websites window. Kaspersky application checks URLs on this web page.
- To configure the advanced settings for URL checking, in the Advanced settings of Safe Browsing window, in the URL Advisor section, click the Configure URL Advisor link to open the Checked URLs window.
- If you want Kaspersky application to notify you about the safety of links on all web pages, in the Checked URLs section, select All URLs.
- If you want Kaspersky application to display information about whether a link belongs to a specific category of website content (for example, Profanity, obscenity):
- Select the Show information on the categories of website content check box.
- Select the check boxes next to categories of website content about which information should be displayed in comments.
Kaspersky application checks links on the specified web pages and displays information about categories of the links in accordance with the selected settings.