Remote management of computer protection
October 3, 2023
If your computer has Kaspersky installed and is connected to My Kaspersky, you can manage protection of this computer remotely.
To manage computer protection remotely, sign in to your My Kaspersky account and go to the Devices section.
In the Devices section, you can:
- View the list of computer security problems and fix them remotely
- Scan the computer for viruses and other threats
- Update databases and application modules
- Configure Kaspersky components
If a computer scan is started from My Kaspersky, Kaspersky processes objects that are detected automatically without your involvement. On detecting a virus or other threat, Kaspersky application attempts to perform disinfection without rebooting the computer. If disinfection without restarting the computer is impossible, the list of computer security problems on My Kaspersky shows a message to the effect that the computer needs restarting to perform disinfection.
If the list of detected objects on My Kaspersky includes more than 10 items, they are grouped. In this case, the detected objects can be processed via My Kaspersky only together without the ability to examine each object separately. To view separately objects in this case, you are advised to use the interface of the application installed on the computer.
How to proceed to remote management of computer protection
To proceed to remote management of computer protection:
- Open the main application window.
- Go to the Profile section.
- In the Sign in to My Kaspersky block, click the Sign in button.
- In the window that opens, perform one of the following operations:
- If you have an account, enter your email address and password and connect to My Kaspersky.
- If you do not have an account, enter your email address in the text box and click Create. A message with a password creation link is sent to the specified email address.
After a successful connection, the Profile section displays information about your connection to the account. You can now manage protection of this computer remotely from your My Kaspersky account.
To learn more about remotely managing device protection, see My Kaspersky Help.