What is Idle Scan in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20
Latest update: 2019 Jul 04 ID: 15140
Scanning a computer with Kaspersky Anti-Virus can use a substantial amount of system resources. To optimize the load on the system, you are able to run scan tasks (of the system memory, system partition, and startup objects) and database update tasks in Kaspersky Anti-Virus while the computer is locked or the screensaver is on. Idle Scan helps maintain the security without affecting the computer performance.
If the computer is running on battery power, Kaspersky Anti-Virus will not run tasks when the computer is idle so as to prolong battery life.
To set the tasks to run when the computer is idle:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, click .
- To learn how to open the main application window, see this article.
- Go to the Performance section.
- Select or clear the following checkboxes:
- Perform Idle Scan
- Postpone computer scan tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load
Idle scan and update tasks will be performed according to the these settings.