February 14, 2024
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.11.0 for Windows offers the following features and improvements:
- Log Inspection component for servers has been added. Log Inspection monitors the integrity of the protected environment based on the results of Windows event log analysis. When the application detects signs of atypical behavior in the system, it informs the administrator, as this behavior may indicate an attempted cyber attack.
- File Integrity Monitor component for servers has been added. File Integrity Monitor detects changes to objects (files and folders) in a given monitoring area. These changes may indicate a computer security breach. When object changes are detected, the application informs the administrator.
- The alert details interface for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum (EDR Optimum) has been improved. The elements of the threat development chain have been aligned, the links between the processes in the chain no longer overlap. This makes it easier to analyze the evolution of the threat.
- Application performance has been improved. For this purpose, network traffic processing by the Network Threat Protection component has been optimized.
- The option to upgrade Kaspersky Endpoint Security without a restart has been added. This lets you ensure uninterrupted operation of servers when upgrading the application. You can upgrade the application without a restart starting with version 11.10.0. You can also install patches without a restart starting with version 11.11.0.
- The Virus Scan task has been renamed in the Kaspersky Security Center Console. This task is now called Malware Scan.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.10.0 for Windows offers the following features and improvements:
- Support of third-party credential providers for Single Sign-On with Kaspersky Full Disk Encryption is added. Kaspersky Endpoint Security monitors the user’s password for ADSelfService Plus and updates the data for Authentication Agent if the user, for example, changes his password.
- The option to enable display of threats detected by Cloud Sandbox technology has been added. This technology is available to users of Endpoint Detection and Response solutions (EDR Optimum or EDR Expert). Cloud Sandbox is a technology that lets you detect advanced threats on a computer. Kaspersky Endpoint Security automatically forwards suspicious files to Cloud Sandbox for analysis. Cloud Sandbox runs these files in an isolated environment to identify malicious activity and decides on their reputation.
- Additional information about files has been added to alert details for EDR Optimum users. Alert details now include information about the trust group, digital signature and distribution of the file, and other information. You will also be able to jump to the detailed file description on the Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal (KL TIP) directly from alert details.
- Application performance has been improved. To do this, we optimized the operation of the background scan and added the ability to queue scan tasks if scan is already running.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.9.0 for Windows offers the following features and improvements:
- Now you can create an Authentication Agent service account when using Kaspersky disk encryption. The service account is necessary to gain access to the computer, for example, when the user forgets the password. You can also use the service account as a reserve account.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Agent distribution package is no longer part of the application distribution kit. To support Detection and Response solutions, you can use the Kaspersky Endpoint Security built-in agent. If necessary, you can download the Kaspersky Endpoint Agent distribution package from the Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform distribution kit.
- The alert details interface for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum (EDR Optimum) is improved. Threat Response features now have tooltips. A step-by-step instruction for ensuring the security of corporate infrastructure is also displayed when indicators of compromise are detected.
- Now you can activate Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows with a Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security license key.
- New events added about establishing a connection with domains that have untrusted certificates and encrypted connections scan errors.