What to do in case of high CPU usage when running Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
Show applications and versions to which the article applies.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 12.1.0 for Windows (version 188.8.131.526)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 12.0.0 for Windows (version 184.108.40.2065)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.11.0 for Windows (version 220.127.116.112)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.10.0 for Windows (version 18.104.22.1689)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.9.0 for Windows (version 22.214.171.1241)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.8.0 for Windows (version 126.96.36.1994)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.7.0 for Windows (version 188.8.131.529)
The CPU usage is high when running Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.
- Install the latest patch. Do the following:
- For Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.х for Windows, download the patch from the request form at Kaspersky CompanyAccount.
- For Kaspersky Endpoint Security 12.х for Windows, send a request to Kaspersky Technical Support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount for a private patch. Specify the full version of your application.
- Make sure that your computer meets the hardware and software requirements. To view the system requirements for your version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, see this article.
If you have applied these recommendations but the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Check if multiple full scan tasks run on the affected computer. If they do:
- Reschedule the full scan tasks so that they run at different times. See this article for instructions.
- Optimize the full scan task in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows. For instructions, see this article.
- Run a background scan instead of a full scan. For more information, see this article.
- For daily scans of critical areas, use a quick scan.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount. Please include a detailed description of the issue. In your request, specify the actions you have taken to resolve the issue. Before contacting the support, see the guide on creating a request in the Knowledge Base.