Using a proxy server for updates
December 12, 2023
You may be required to specify proxy server settings to download database and application module updates from the update source. If there are multiple update sources, proxy server settings are applied for all sources. If a proxy server is not needed for some update sources, you can disable the use of a proxy server in Kaspersky Endpoint Security policy settings. The application will also use a proxy server to access Kaspersky Security Network and activation servers.
To enable use of a proxy server for a specific administration group:
- In the main window of the Web Console, select the Devices → Policies and profiles tab.
- In the list of policies, select the Kaspersky Endpoint Security policy for the administration group on whose devices you want to disable the use of a proxy server. Click the link with the policy name to open the policy properties window.
- In the policy properties window, select the Application settings tab.
- Select the General settings → Proxy server settings section.
- In the Proxy server settings section, select the Use specified proxy server settings and specify the required proxy server settings.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.