How to collect basic diagnostic information from a computer using the collect.sh script
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Linux
- Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server
- Kaspersky Scan Engine
To troubleshoot the issue, a Kaspersky technical support engineer may ask you to attach a report created using the collect.sh script. The report will collect all basic diagnostic information from a computer running a Unix-based operating system.
Before sending the report to technical support, remove all information that you consider confidential from it.
To create the report:
- Download the archive with the script: collect.tar.gz.
- Copy the archive to the computer on which the product that doesn’t work correctly is installed.
- Extract the files from the archive:
# tar -xzf collect.tar.gz
- Set the rights for running the script:
# chmod +x collect.sh
- Run the script with the administrator rights:
The report will be created in folder /tmp/$HOST_NAME-collect.tar.gz.