Configuring scheduled start of local system tasks
October 25, 2023
You can use policies to allow or block start of the local system On-Demand Scan task and the Update task according to the schedule configured locally on each protected device in the administration group:
- If the scheduled start of a specific type of local system task is prohibited by a policy, these tasks will not be performed on the protected device according to the schedule. You can start local system tasks manually.
- If the scheduled start of a specific type of local system task is allowed by a policy, these tasks will be performed in accordance with the scheduled parameters configured locally for this task.
By default, starting a local system task is prohibited by policy.
We recommend that you do not allow local system tasks to start if updates or on-demand scans are administered by Kaspersky Security Center group tasks.
If you do not use group update or on-demand scan tasks, allow local system tasks to be started in the policy. Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows will perform application database and module updates, and start all local system on-demand scan tasks in accordance with the default schedule.
You can use policies to allow or block the scheduled start of the following local system tasks:
- On-Demand Scan tasks: Critical Areas Scan, Quarantine Scan, Scan at Operating System Startup, Application Integrity Control, Baseline File Integrity Monitor.
- Update tasks: Database Update, Software Modules Update, Copying Updates.
If the protected device is excluded from the administration group, the local system tasks schedule will be enabled automatically.
To allow or block the scheduled start of Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows local system tasks in a policy:
- In the Managed devices node in the Administration Console tree, expand the required group and select the Policies tab.
- On the Policies tab, in the context menu of the policy for which you want to schedule Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows local system tasks for the group of protected devices, select Properties.
- In the Properties: <Policy name> window, open the Application settings section. In the Run local system tasks section, click the Settings button and do one of the following:
- Select the On-demand scan tasks and Update tasks and Copying Update task check boxes to allow the scheduled launch of the listed tasks.
- Clear the On-demand scan tasks and Update tasks and Copying Update task check boxes to disable the scheduled launch of the listed tasks.
Selecting or clearing the check box will not affect the start settings of any local custom tasks of this type.
- Make certain that the policy you are configuring is active and applied to the selected group of protected devices.
- Click the OK button.
The configured task schedule settings are applied for the selected tasks.