Configuring KSN Usage task
October 25, 2023
To configure the KSN Usage task:
- Expand the Managed devices node in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console tree.
- Select the administration group for which you want to configure application settings.
- Perform one of the following actions in the details pane of the selected administration group:
- To configure application settings for a group of protected devices, select the Policies tab and open the Properties: <Policy name> window.
- To configure the settings of a task or application for an individual protected device, select the Devices tab and go to local task settings or application settings.
- In the Real-Time Computer Protection section, click the Settings button in the KSN Usage subsection.
The KSN Usage window opens.
- On the General tab, configure the following task settings:
- In the Action to perform on KSN untrusted objects section, specify the action that Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows is to perform if it detects an object identified by KSN as untrusted:
- In the Data transfer section, restrict the size of files for which the checksum is calculated:
- Clear or select the Do not calculate checksum before sending to KSN if file size exceeds (MB) check box.
- If required, in the field to the right, change the maximum size of files for which Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows calculates the checksum.
- In the KSN Proxy section, clear or select the Use Kaspersky Security Center as KSN Proxy check box.
To enable KSN Proxy the KSN Statement must be accepted and Kaspersky Security Center properly configured. See Kaspersky Security Center Help for more details.
- If necessary, configure the task start schedule settings on the Task management tab. For example, you can enable task start by schedule and specify the start frequency of the At application launch if you want the task to run automatically when the protected device is restarted.
The application will automatically start the KSN Usage task by schedule.
- Configure the data handling before starting the task.
- Click the OK button.
The modified settings are applied. The date and time of modifying the settings, as well as information about the task settings before and after modification, are saved in the system audit log.