Configuring a Rule Generator for Applications Launch Control task
October 25, 2023
To configure the Rule Generator for Applications Launch Control task:
- Open the Properties: Rule Generator for Applications Launch Control window.
- In the Notification section, configure the task event notification settings.
For detailed information on configuring settings in this section, see Kaspersky Security Center Help.
- In the Settings section, you can configure the following settings:
- Specify prefix for rule names.
- Select how to create allowing rules:
- In the Options section, you can specify actions to perform while creating allowing rules for applications launch control:
- Use digital certificate
- Use digital certificate subject and thumbprint
- If the certificate is missing, use
- SHA256 hash. The checksum of the file used to generate the rule is set as a criterion for triggering the allowing rule for Applications Launch Control. The application will allow start of programs launched using files with the specified checksum.
- path to file. The path to the file used to generate the rule is set as a criterion for triggering the allowing rule for Applications Launch Control. The application will now allow start of programs launched using files located in the folders specified in the Create allowing rules for applications from the folders table in the Settings section.
- Use SHA256 hash
- Generate rules for user or group of users.
You can configure settings for configuration files with lists of allowing rules for Device Control and Applications Launch Control. Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security for Windows creates these lists when the task is complete.
- Configure the task schedule in the Schedule section (you can configure a schedule for all task types except Rollback of Database Update).
- In the Account section, specify the account whose rights will be used to run the task.
- If required, specify the objects to exclude from the task scope in the Exclusions from task scope section.
For detailed information on configuring settings in these sections, see Kaspersky Security Center Help.
- Click the OK button in the Properties: <Task name> window.
The newly configured group task settings are saved.