Including network objects in the protection scope
October 25, 2023
Network drives, folders or files can be added to the protection scope by specifying their path in UNC (Universal Naming Convention) format.
You can scan network folders under the system account.
To add a network location to the protection scope:
- Open the Protection scope settings window.
- Open the drop-down list in the upper left part of the window and select Tree-view.
- In the context menu of the Network node:
- Select Add network folder, if you want to add a network folder to the protection scope.
- Select Add network file, if you want to add a network file to the protection scope.
- Enter the path to the network folder or file in UNC format.
- Press the ENTER key.
- Select the check box next to the newly added network object to include it in the protection scope.
- If necessary, change the security settings for the added network object.
- Click the Save button.
The specified task settings are saved.