August 3, 2023
To configure the Copying Updates, Database Update, or Software Modules Update tasks:
- In the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console tree, expand the Managed devices node and select the administration group for which you want to configure the application tasks.
- In the details pane of a selected administration group, open the Tasks tab.
- In the list of previously created group tasks, select a task you want to configure.
- Open the Properties: <Task name> window in one of the following ways:
- Double-click the name of the task in the list of created tasks.
- Select the name of the task in the list of created tasks and click the Configure task link.
- Open the context menu of the task name in the list of created tasks and select the Properties item.
In the Notification section, configure the task event notification settings. For detailed information on configuring settings in this section, see Kaspersky Security Center Help.
- In the Update source section, do the following:
- Select the update source:
- Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server.
- Kaspersky update servers.
- Custom HTTP or FTP servers, or network folders.
To use an SMB-shared folder as an update source, you need to specify a user account to start a task.
You can specify the usage of Kaspersky update servers, if manually customized servers are not available.
- Click the Connection settings button.
- In the Connection settings window that opens, configure the use of a proxy server for connecting to Kaspersky update servers and other servers.
- For the Database Update task, in the Disk I/O usage optimization section, configure the feature that reduces the workload on the disk subsystem:
The Disk I/O usage optimization section is available only for the Database Update task.
- Select the update source:
- For the Software Modules Update task, in the Settings for application software module updates section, specify which actions Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes should perform when critical software module updates are available or information about planned updates is available.
You can also specify which actions Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes should perform when critical updates are installed.
The Settings for application software module updates section is available only for the Software Modules Update task.
- For the Copying Updates task, in the Copying updates settings section, specify the set of updates and the destination folder.
The Copying updates settings section is available only for the Copying Updates task.
- Configure the task schedule in the Schedule section (you can configure a schedule for all task types except Rollback of Database Update).
- In the Account section, specify the account whose rights will be used to run the task.
For detailed information on configuring settings in these sections, see Kaspersky Security Center Help.
- In the Properties: <Task name> window, click OK.
The newly configured group task settings are saved.
For the Rollback of Database Update task, you can configure only the standard task settings controlled by Kaspersky Security Center in the Notifications and Exclusions from task scope sections. For detailed information on configuring settings in these sections, see Kaspersky Security Center Help.