Installing Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes via Active Directory group policies
August 3, 2023
You can install Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes on several protected devices via the Active Directory group policy. You can install the Application Console the same way.
The protected devices on which you want to install Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes or the Application Console must be in the same domain and a single organizational unit.
The operating systems on the protected devices on which you want to install Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes using the policy must be of the same bitness (32-bit or 64-bit).
You must have domain administrator rights.
To install Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes, use the kics_x86.msi or kics_x64.msi installation package. To install the Application Console, use the kicstools.msi installation package.
Detailed information about the use of Active Directory group policies is provided in the documentation supplied by Microsoft.
To install Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes (or the Application Console):
- Save the msi file corresponding to the bitness (32- or 64-bit) of the installed version of the Microsoft Windows operating system in the shared folder on the domain controller.
- Save the key file in the same public folder on the domain controller.
- On the domain controller create a new policy for the group that the protected devices belong to.
- Using the Group Policy Object Editor, create a new installation package in the Computer Configuration node. Specify the path to the msi file for Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes (or Application Console) in UNC (Universal Naming Convention) format.
- Select the Windows Installer's Always install with elevated privileges check box in both the Computer Configuration node and in the User Configuration node of the selected group.
- Apply the changes using the
gpupdate / forcecommand.
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes will be installed on the protected devices of the group after they have been restarted.