About PLC Project Integrity Check
August 3, 2023
This function is designed to check the integrity of PLC projects used in an industrial system.
A PLC project is a microprogram written for a PLC. A PLC project is stored in the PLC's memory and run as part of the production process using the PLC.
PLC Project Integrity Check requires that the protected device network with Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes installed has access to the PLC.
Before beginning to use this function, perform the following preparatory actions:
- Obtain information about the PLC projects using the Application Console PLC Project Investigation local task.
- In the Application Console PLC Project Integrity Check local task settings, indicate the PLC reference projects from the list of projects obtained in the previous step.
To see information about PLC projects in the Application Integrity Control task:
open the Interaction with Administration Server window and select the Versions of PLC projects.
After the PLC Project Integrity Check local task is started, the application will issue warnings if the PLC projects have been changed relative to the PLC reference projects.
PLC Project Integrity Check is disabled by default.
Reporting is one of the basic functions of the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server. This function can be used only through the Administration Console of Kaspersky Security Center.
After the PLC Project Integrity Check task is successfully completed, you can generate and review a report that includes the following information:
- Computer name, where the PLC Project Integrity Check task is completed.
- PLCs, whose integrity is being monitored.
- Last check-up date.
- Results of the integrity check.
To generate a report in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server,
open the Reports tab and select Report on check of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) for integrity.
See Kaspersky Security Center Help for detailed information about generating reports.