Adding a trusted Wi-Fi network using the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks
August 3, 2023
When adding an exclusion for a trusted Wi-Fi network Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes receives information from the operating system about all available Wi-Fi networks.
You cannot add a Wi-Fi network to the trusted list using the list of available Wi-Fi networks: if the SSID of a Wi-Fi network is hidden, it will not appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
If you want to configure the Wi-Fi Control task settings for a group of computers using a Kaspersky Security Center policy, be sure that sending information about the available Wi-Fi networks to Administration Server is enabled in the Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes policy. To do this, perform the following actions:
- In the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console, in the group of computers select Policies > <Policy name> > Logs and notifications > Interaction with Administration Server.
- In the Administration Server Network lists window, select the Available devices check box.
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes, which is installed on local computers, will send information about available Wi-Fi networks to Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server.
To add a trusted Wi-Fi network using the list of available Wi-Fi networks, do the following:
- Expand the Managed devices node in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console tree.
- Select the administration group for which you want to configure application settings.
- Perform one of the following actions in the details pane of the selected administration group:
- To configure application settings for a group of protected devices, select the Policies tab and open the Properties: <Policy name> window.
- To configure the settings of a task or application for an individual protected device, select the Devices tab and go to local task settings or application settings.
The Properties:Wi-Fi Control window opens on the General tab.
- If needed, select the Allow connections to the following Wi-Fi networks check box to allow editing of the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks.
- Click the Add trusted Wi-Fi network button.
- In the button's context menu, select Import from Kaspersky Administration Server.
The Available Wi-Fi networks window opens.
- If needed, click the Refresh list button to receive an up-to-date list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- In the list of available Wi-Fi networks select one or more Wi-Fi networks to add to the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks.
- Click the OK button.
The specified Wi-Fi networks are added to the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks in the Wi-Fi Control task settings. When the task is run, Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes allows connections to the specified Wi-Fi networks.