How to use Parental Control in Kaspersky Internet Security 16 for Mac
Parental Control is a component in Kaspersky Internet Security 16 for Mac, by means of which you can limit:
- Internet access
- downloading files depending on their category
- access to web sites depending on their content (i.e. block adult-oriented sites)
- messaging with specific contacts on social networks (Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter)
- personal data sending
How to enable or disable Parental Control
By default, Parental Control is disabled. You can enable it only after Kaspersky Internet Security 16 for Mac activation.
To enable or disable the component, do the following:
- In the Mac OS X menu, click the Kaspersky icon and select Parental Control from the shortcut menu.
- In the left frame of the Parental Control window in Kaspersky Internet Security 16 for Mac, select the needed user account.
- In the right frame of the Parental Control window, click Enable Parental Control or Disable Parental Control.
How to limit Internet access
- In the left frame of the Parental Control window, select the user account and click Time Control.
- In the Time Control is disabled line, click Enable.
- To allow access to the Internet only for the specified hours per day, in the section Daily Internet use limit select the Maximum time on Internet check box and set the number of hours.
- To limit the Internet use on specific periods of time on weekdays and at weekends, select the Allow Internet use based on day of week check box and specify the time periods using arrow buttons.
How to limit access to websites
Using Parental Control, you can allow or block access to specific websites or to categories of websites.
(for example, you can block access to all websites containing information concerning weapons or violence). When the user tries to open the blocked websites, the following message appears:
To limit access to specific websites, do the following:
- In the left frame of the Parental Control window, select the user account and click Web Control.
- In the Web Control is disabled line, click Enable. Safe search which filters unwanted search results in search engines is enabled automatically with Web Control.
- If you want to block access only to websites of specific categories, check the boxes of the categories that must be blocked.
- To deny access to all the websites, but for those you include in the exclusion list, click Add web address.
- If you want to make lists of websites of always blocked and available websites, check the boxes of the Always block these websites and Never block these websites categories.
- In the needed list press "+" and enter web address, for example http://www.site.com/*.
If you want to remove a site from the list, highlight it and press the "-" button.
If the address which you want to add to exclusions contains asterisks (*), question marks (?), or backslashes (\), they must be preceded by an extra backslash (\) symbol. Otherwise, the *, ?, or \ symbols in the address will be interpreted as wildcards. If you want to add the www.site?anti-virus address to exclusions, then enter the following line in the Add new website dialogue: www.site\?anti-virus