How to update databases in Kaspersky Internet Security 19 for Mac
You can only update the application databases if you have an active license and are connected to the Internet.
By default, a database update is started as soon as you have installed the application. After that, the databases will be updated at optimal intervals.
You can also run an update manually.
How to update the databases manually
To update databases of Kaspersky Internet Security, use one of the following methods:
- Click the application icon the upper right corner of the screen and select Update.
- In the main application window, click Update → Update.
The following files are downloaded and installed on your computer during updates:
- Anti-virus databases. These databases contain threat descriptions and methods used to combat them.
- Application modules. These modules close application vulnerabilities, as well as enhance existing functions and add new ones.
- New application versions. By default, the application downloads and installs new versions of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac automatically on top of the current version. If you experience any issues while upgrading the application, download the new version from the Kaspersky website and install it manually.
What to do in case of update issues
If the error persists, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic of your request.