Limitations of Kaspersky Internet Security 20 on 64-bit operating systems
The following features of Kaspersky Internet Security are limited when the application is installed on 64-bit operating systems:
- Protection against screenshots
- Application Control
- Safe Money
Protection against screenshots
When the On-Screen Keyboard is used on 64-bit versions of Windows 8 and 8.1, protection against screenshots may not work. Open the page in the Protected Browser to ensure protection against screenshots.
In 64-bit versions of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 protection through hardware virtualization (a hypervisor) is unavailable in the following cases:
- If a third-party hypervisor is running (e.g. VMware). As soon as you exit the third-party hypervisor, protection against screenshots becomes available.
- Your CPU does not support hardware virtualization. You can find out whether your CPU supports hardware virtualization in your computer’s technical documentation or by contacting the CPU vendor's technical support service.
- If hardware virtualization is disabled on your computer. You can find out how to enable hardware virtualization in your computer’s technical documentation or on the vendor's site.
On 64-bit operating systems, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:
- Direct access to physical memory
- Managing printer drivers
- Creating a service
- Opening a service for reading
- Opening a service for writing
- Modifying a service configuration
- Managing a service
- Starting a service
- Deleting a service
- Access to internal browser data
- Access to critical objects of the operating system
- Access to password storage
- Setting debug privileges
- Use of operating system program interfaces (including DNS)
Also, on the 64-bit version of Windows 8, adjustment of application permissions for the following actions is unavailable:
- Sending window messages to other processes
- Executing suspicious operations
- Installation of hooks
- Hooking of incoming messages stream
- Making screenshots
On the 64-bit version of Windows 8, the following Safe Money features are limited:
- Clipboard protection
- Protection against unauthorized browser access by means of simulating user input.
- Protection against unauthorized remote access.
- Protection against browser hijacking.
- Protection against unauthorized browser access by means of application programming interfaces.
- Access to internal browser data.