How to update Parental Control settings in Kaspersky Internet Security when the timezone is changed
When a timezone is changed on the computer, you must also update Parental Control settings in Kaspersky Internet Security. This is necessary in order to correctly calculate the time your child spend on the Internet and using the computer, as well as to create the Parental Control schedule.
How to update Parental Control settings when changing the timezone
How to update Parental Control settings:
- In the Update Parental Control settings dialog box, click Update settings.
- Enter the Parental Control password and click Continue.
The settings will be updated automatically. If you do not want to update the settings at the present time, click Remind me later.
Special considerations for Parental Control settings update
Please take into consideration the following aspects of Parental Control performance when the timezone is changed:
- Switching to winter and summer time does not require confirmation and is performed automatically.
- Changing of a timezone affects the Parental Control schedule and the calculation of time of using the computer and the Internet.
- If changing a timezone does not affect the system date, all settings and limitations set in Web Control work correctly. Calculator of time spent by the user keeps going.
- If changing a timezone affects the system date, the calculator restarts and counts the time as if it is a new day.