Secure Connection in Kaspersky Internet Security 20
Kaspersky Secure Connection is an application that is installed on your computer along with Kaspersky Internet Security.
What is Kaspersky Secure Connection
Kaspersky Secure Connection:
- Establishes a secure connection, prevents your online activity from being tracked, hides your IP address and location, and transfers your data over a secure VPN tunnel.
- Checks the status of a wireless network. If the Wi-Fi network is insecure, it prompts you to enable a secure connection.
- Recommends for which websites and apps a secure connection should be used.
Free and paid versions available
The version of Kaspersky Secure Connection which is installed by default is free, but its functionality is limited:
- 300 MB of traffic volume per day
- manual selection of the country is unavailable
To lift the limitations, subscribe to a full version of the application. For instructions, see this article.
How to open the application
You can open Kaspersky Secure Connection from the Kaspersky Internet Security application window, or by clicking the icon on the desktop. See the guide below.
How to use the application
Use Kaspersky Secure Connection every time you connect to the Internet.We recommend that you turn on the secure connection when you connect to a public wireless network, shop online or use social networks, to keep your private information and payment credentials secure. to keep your private information and payment credentials secure.
For detailed information about Kaspersky Secure Connection and how to use it, see the Knowledge Base.
How to open Kaspersky Secure Connection from the Kaspersky Internet Security application window
- In the main window of Kaspersky Internet Security, click More tools.
- If you have any difficulties opening the application, see this guide.
- Go to the My Network section and select Secure Connection.
- Click Open.
The main window of Kaspersky Secure Connection will open.