How to adjust proxy server settings for updating Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 databases
Latest update: October 05, 2018 ID: 14068
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 uses the network settings of your computer for updating databases and application modules. If your computer is connected to the internet through the proxy server, you need to add the proxy server connection details in the application settings.
You can get the information about your proxy server settings from your internet services provider.
How to adjust proxy server connection settings in the application
- Click in the lower left corner of the Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 main window.
- For the guide on how to open the application window, see this article.
- Click Advanced →Network.
- Click Proxy server settings.
- Select Automatically detect proxy server settings and click Save.
- In a connection error occurs, specify proxy server details manually. Select the Use specified proxy server settings checkbox and enter the address and port number.
- If the proxy server requires authentication, select the checkbox Use proxy server authentication and enter the username and password.
- To bypass proxy server when connecting to local addresses, select the checkbox Bypass proxy server for local addresses. When you clear the check box, connection to local addresses will go through proxy server. This will increase your traffic.
- Click Save.
- Update antivirus databases. For a guide on updating antivirus databases, see this article.