Adaptation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 after upgrading to Windows 10
Latest update: April 19, 2018 ID: 13894
If you have upgraded your PC from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 RS1, RS2, RS3 to Windows 10 RS4, Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 will run the adaptation process upon first system startup. Protection will be stopped for a while. Only File Anti-Virus and the self-defense of files and registry keys will work, and the user interface will be unavailable.
After the adaptation to Windows 10, protection will be restored. A notification will also appear stating that you must restart your computer in order for all the components of Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 to work correctly. Until you restart the computer, the following protection components will work with limitations:
- Application interface and startup processes protection within Self-Defense.
- System Watcher.
- Detection and disinfection of malicious software in system memory.
- Protection against file-encrypting malware and screen lockers.
- The following Safe Money features: clipboard protection, protection against unauthorized screenshots, and protection of the browser against external attacks.
- Application Control features of applying customer settings for some applications, categorizing the new style of Windows applications, and Microsoft Edge browser protection.
- Trusted Applications mode is limited in connection with Windows Program Data Updater service.
- Protection against Time-of-Check Time-of-Use (TOCTOU) attacks.