Windows Update error when installing the .Net Framework
Latest update: August 01, 2022 ID: 13839
Windows updates have not been installed that are necessary for installing the .Net Framework.
Restart the Windows Update service:
- Open Control Panel and go to Administrative Tools → Services.
- Right click on Windows Update and select Stop from the shortcut menu.
- Repeat step 2 for the Security Center service and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
- Start File Explorer and find the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and move it to SoftwareDistribution_OLD.
- Start the stopped services: right-click on the services and select Start from the shortcut menu.
- Start Windows Update and install the lastest Windows updates. If Windows Update does not work correctly, contact Microsoft technical support.
If this solution didn’t help, manually download and install the latest version of the .Net Framework that suits your operating system.
What to do if the error persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Technical support is not provided for Kaspersky Free. Try looking up the solution to your issue on the Forum or create a new topic with a detailed description of your issue.
If you want full technical support, buy and install a supported Kaspersky solution for home..