About the HelpDesk account
August 21, 2023
The HelpDesk account is designed for obtaining restricted access to program settings. Using the HelpDesk account, the Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server administrator can grant another user the rights to perform certain operations, for example, to investigate incidents with messages placed in Backup.
To obtain access to the web interface of Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server under the HelpDesk account, the HelpDesk account must be activated and a user name and password must be defined for this account.
The HelpDesk user can access the following operations in the web interface of Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server:
- Viewing information about a message in Backup.
- Delivering a message from Backup to a recipient.
The value of this setting is assigned in Backup settings.
- Modifying custom black lists and white lists.
- Operations with reports:
- Viewing ready reports.
- Saving a ready report to the hard drive.
- Creating a one-time report with custom settings.
- Regularly creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Removing selected reports from the list of ready reports.
- Modifying the settings for generating reports for past periods according to schedule.