How to enable tracing in Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky for Windows
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
You can get help with Kaspersky Rescue Disk on the Forum. You will need to provide detailed reports (trace files) of the application components in order to troubleshoot errors.
To get trace files for Kaspersky Rescue Disk:
- Enable tracing in Kaspersky Rescue Disk. See the guide below.
- Reproduce the situation which caused the error.
- Reboot the computer.
- Find the trace files. For details, see below.
How to enable tracing in Kaspersky Rescue Disk
- Start the computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk. For instructions, see this article.
- At the step requiring you to select a graphic mode, press E on the keyboard.
- In the command window, move the cursor to the end of the second line. After the word “dostartx”, press the space bar and then type “trace”. Use the arrow keys to move the cursor.
- Press Ctrl + X on the keyboard.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk will start with tracing enabled.
Where to find trace files
You can find the trace files in:
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk, trace files are stored in the Product Folder directory.
- In the operating system installed on your computer. After Kaspersky Rescue Disk has finished running, a folder called KRD2018_Data will remain on one of your computer’s hard drive partitions. It is usually located in C:\KRD2018_Data. The folder contains anti-virus databases, reports, trace files, and quarantine.
You can copy trace files to a hard drive or a USB drive.