Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18 release notes
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky for Windows
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk was released on March 28, 2018. Full version number is 18.104.22.168
What is Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Kaspersky Rescue Disk is a free tool for scanning and disinfecting the operating systems that cannot be accessed directly due to infection.
It includes Kaspersky Rescue Tool, the tool which implements scanning and disinfection of operating systems.
Write Kaspersky Rescue Disk to a USB drive or CD/DVD disc and boot the computer under it. Use Kaspersky Rescue Disk when it is not possible to scan the computer or disinfect the files using the antivirus solution installed on your computer. For example, you can use the tool if malware blocks loading of the operating system or starting an antivirus on your computer. Advanced users can manually recover corrupted operating systems with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk cannot be used for long-term protection of your computer. After disinfecting the system, install a regular antivirus solution.
- Support of latest hardware.
- Support of UEFI SecureBoot.
- Scanning of all detected operating systems.
- Use of Kaspersky Security Network.
- Detection of Adware and Riskware.
- Notifications about obsolete antivirus databases.
- Protection against system files deletion.
- Prevention of false detections.
- File backup before disinfection and removal.
- Just one type of scan. You no longer need to select the most suitable type.
- Scanning and disinfection of the operating systems which are switched off.
- Booting from the USB drive or CD/DVD.
- Microsoft Windows deep scan.
- Microsoft Windows registry editor.