Preparing a Windows device for remote installation. Riprep utility
Nov 27, 2023
Remote installation of the application on the client device may return an error for the following reasons:
- The task has already been successfully performed on this device. In this case, the task does not have to be performed again.
- When a task was started, the device was shut down. In this case, turn on the device and restart the task.
- There is no connection between the Administration Server and the Network Agent installed on the client device. To determine the cause of the problem, use the utility designed for remote diagnostics of client devices (klactgui).
- If Network Agent is not installed on the device, the following problems may occur during remote installation:
- The client device has Disable simple file sharing enabled.
- The Server service is not running on the client device.
- The required ports are closed on the client device.
- The account that is used to perform the task has insufficient privileges.
To solve problems that occur during installation of the application on a client device without Network Agent installed, you can use the utility designed to prepare devices for remote installation (riprep).
Use the riprep utility to prepare Windows a device for remote installation. The utility is located in the Kaspersky Security Center installation folder on the device on which Administration Server is installed.
The utility used to prepare a device for remote installation does not run on Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.