Renewing an APNs certificate
Dec 4, 2023
To renew an APNs certificate:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder of the console tree, select the Mobile Device Servers subfolder.
- In the workspace of the Mobile Device Servers folder, select an iOS MDM Server.
- In the context menu of the iOS MDM Server, select Properties.
This opens the properties window of the iOS MDM Server.
- In the properties window of the iOS MDM Server, select the Certificates section.
- In the Certificates section, in the Apple Push Notification certificate group of settings click the Renew button.
The APNs Certificate Renewal Wizard starts, the Renew APNs certificate window opens.
- Create a Certificate Signing Request (hereinafter referred to as CSR). To do this, perform the following actions:
- Click the Create CSR button.
- In the Create CSR window that opens, specify a name for your request, the names of your company and department, your city, region, and country.
- Click the Save button and specify a name for the file to which your CSR will be saved.
The private key of the certificate is saved in the device memory.
- Use your CompanyAccount to send the file with the CSR you have created to Kaspersky to be signed.
Signing of your CSR will only be available after you upload to CompanyAccount portal a key that allows using Mobile Device Management.
After your online request is processed, you will receive a CSR file signed by Kaspersky.
- Send the signed CSR file to Apple Inc. website, using a random Apple ID.
We recommend that you avoid using a personal Apple ID. Create a dedicated Apple ID to make it your corporate ID. After you have created an Apple ID, link it with the organization's mailbox, not a mailbox of an employee.
After your CSR is processed in Apple Inc., you will receive the public key of the APNs certificate. Save the file on disk.
- Request the public key of the certificate. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Proceed to Apple Push Certificates portal. To log in to the portal, use the Apple Id received at the initial request of the certificate.
- In the list of certificates, select the certificate whose APSP name (in "APSP: <number>" format) matches the APSP name of the certificate used by iOS MDM Server and click the Renew button.
The APNs certificate is renewed.
- Save the certificate created on the portal.
- Export the APNs certificate together with the private key created when generating the CSR, in PFX file format. To do this, perform the following actions:
- In the Renew APNs certificate window, click the Complete CSR button.
- In the Open window, choose a file with the public key of the certificate, received from Apple Inc. as the result of CSR processing, and click the Open button.
The certificate export process will start.
- In the next window, enter the private key password and click OK.
This password will be used for the APNs certificate installation on the iOS MDM Server.
- In the Renew APNs certificate window that opens, specify a file name for APNs certificate, choose a folder, and click Save.
The private and public keys of the certificate are combined, and the APNs certificate is saved in PFX format.