Migrating the database to Amazon RDS
Dec 4, 2023
You can migrate your Kaspersky Security Center database from an on-premises device to an Amazon S3 instance that supports Amazon RDS. To do this, you need an S3 bucket for an RDS database and an IAM user account with AmazonS3FullAccess permission for this S3 bucket.
To perform the migration of the database:
- Make sure that you have created an RDS instance (refer to Amazon RDS reference pages for more information).
- On your physical Administration Server (on-premises), run the Kaspersky Backup utility to back up Administration Server data.
You must make sure that the file is named backup.zip.
- Copy the backup.zip file to the EC2 instance on which Administration Server is installed.
Make sure that you have enough disk space on the EC2 instance on which Administration Server is installed. In the AWS environment, you can add disk space to your instance to accommodate the process of database migration.
- On the AWS Administration Server, start the Kaspersky Backup utility again in interactive mode.
The Backup and restore wizard starts.
- At the Select action step, select Restore Administration Server data and click Next.
- At the Restore settings step, click the Browse button next to the Folder for storage of backup copies.
- In the Sign In to Online Storage window that opens, fill in the following fields and then click OK:
- Select the Migrate from local backup option. The Browse button becomes available.
- Click the Browse button to choose the folder on the AWS Administration Server where you copied the backup.zip file.
- Click Next and complete the procedure.
Your data will be restored to the RDS database using your S3 bucket. You can use this database for further work with Kaspersky Security Center in the AWS environment.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center release date.