Modifying the option group
Dec 4, 2023
The default configuration of the option group in which you placed the Amazon RDS instance is not enough for working with the Kaspersky Security Center database. You have to add options to the option group and create a new IAM role for working with the database.
To modify the option group and create a new IAM role:
- Make sure that you are in the AWS Management Console (https://console.aws.amazon.com) and signed in under your account.
- In the menu line, click Services.
The list of available services appears (see figure below).
List of services in the AWS Management Console
- In the list, select RDS.
- In the left pane, click Option groups.
The list of option groups is displayed.
- Select the option group in which you placed your Amazon RDS instance and click the Add option button.
The Add option window opens.
- In the IAM role section, select the Create a new role / Yes option and enter a name for the new IAM role.
The role is created with a default set of permissions. Later, you will have to change its permissions.
- In the S3 bucket section, do one of the following:
- If you haven't created an Amazon S3 bucket instance for the data backup, select the Create a new S3 bucket link and create a new S3 bucket, using the AWS interface.
- If you already have created an Amazon S3 bucket instance for the Administration Server data backup task, select your S3 bucket from the drop-down menu.
- Finish adding options by clicking the Add option button at the bottom of the page.
You have modified the option group and created a new IAM role for working with the RDS database.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center release date.