Migrating the database to Azure SQL
Dec 4, 2023
After Administration Server is deployed in the Azure environment, you can migrate your Kaspersky Security Center database from an on-premises device to Azure SQL. You need an Azure storage account for an Azure SQL database. You also must have Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework (DacFx) and SQLSysCLRTypes on your Administration Server.
To perform the migration of the database:
- Make sure that you have created an Azure storage account.
- Make sure that you have SQLSysCLRTypes and DacFx on your Administration Server.
You can download Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework (17.0.1 DacFx) and SQLSysCLRTypes (choose the version corresponding to the version of your SQL Server) from the official Microsoft website.
- On your physical Administration Server (on-premises), run the Kaspersky Backup utility to back up Administration Server data with the Migrate to Azure format option enabled.
- Copy the backup file to the Azure Administration Server.
Make sure that you have enough disk space on the Azure virtual machine where the Administration Server is installed. In the Azure environment, you can add disk space to your virtual machines to accommodate the process of database migration.
- On the Administration Server located in the Microsoft Azure environment, start the Kaspersky Backup utility again in interactive mode.
The Backup and restore wizard starts.
- At the Select action step, select Restore Administration Server data and click Next.
- At the Restore settings step, click the Browse button next to the Folder for storage of backup copies.
- In the Sign In to Online Storage window that opens, fill in the following fields and then click OK:
- Select the Migrate from local backup option.
The Browse button becomes available.
- Click the Browse button to choose the folder on the Azure Administration Server where you copied the backup file.
- Click Next and complete the procedure.
Your data will be restored to the Azure SQL database by using your Azure storage. You can use this database for further work with Kaspersky Security Center in the Azure environment.
The addresses of web pages cited in this document are correct as of the Kaspersky Security Center release date.