Downloading and creating installation packages for Kaspersky applications
Nov 27, 2023
You can create installation packages for Kaspersky applications from Kaspersky web servers if your Administration Server has access to the internet.
To download and create installation package for Kaspersky application:
- Do one of the following:
- In the main menu, go to Discovery & deployment → Deployment & assignment → Installation packages.
- In the main menu, go to Operations → Repositories → Installation packages.
You can also view notifications about new packages for Kaspersky applications in the list of onscreen notifications. If there are notifications about a new package, you can click the link next to the notification and proceed to the list of available installation packages.
A list of installation packages available on Administration Server is displayed.
- Click Add.
The New package wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the first page of the wizard, select Create an installation package for a Kaspersky application.
A list of available installation packages on Kaspersky web servers appears. The list contains installation packages only for those applications that are compatible with the current version of Kaspersky Security Center.
- Click the name of an installation package, for example, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (11.1.0).
A window opens with information about the installation package.
You can download and use an installation package which includes cryptographic tools that implement strong encryption, if it complies with applicable laws and regulations. To download the installation package of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows valid for the needs of your organization, consult the legislation of the country where the client devices of your organization are located.
- Read the information and click the Download and create installation package button.
If a distribution package can not be converted to an installation package, the Download distribution package button instead of the Download and create installation package is displayed.
The downloading of the installation package to Administration Server starts. You can close the wizard's window or proceed to the next step of the instruction. If you close the wizard's window, the download process will continue in background mode.
If you want to track an installation package download process:
- In the main menu, go to Operations → Repositories → Installation packages → In progress ().
- Track the operation progress in the Download progress column and the Download status column of the table.
When the process is complete, the installation package is added to the list on the Downloaded tab. If the download process stops and the download status switches to Accept EULA, then click the installation package name, and then proceed to the next step of the instruction.
If the size of data contained in the selected distribution package exceeds the current limit, an error message is displayed. You can change the limit value and then proceed with the installation package creation.
- For some Kaspersky applications, during the download process the Show EULA button is displayed. If it is displayed, do the following:
- Click the Show EULA button to read the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Read the EULA that is displayed on the screen, and click Accept.
The downloading continues after you accept the EULA. If you click Decline, the download is stopped.
- When the downloading is complete, click the Close button.
The selected installation package is downloaded to the Administration Server shared folder, to the Packages subfolder. After downloading, the installation package is displayed in the list of installation packages.