Viewing and editing report template properties
Dec 4, 2023
You can view and edit basic properties of a report template, for example, the report template name or the fields displayed in the report.
To view and edit properties of a report template:
- In the main menu, go to Monitoring & reporting → Reports.
- Select the check box next to the report template whose properties you want to view and edit.
As an alternative, you can first generate the report, and then click the Edit button.
- Click the Open report template properties button.
The Editing report <Report name> window opens with the General tab selected.
- Edit the report template properties:
- General tab:
- Report template name
- Maximum number of entries to display
Click the Settings button to change the set of client devices for which the report is created. For some types of the reports, the button may be unavailable. The actual settings depend on the settings specified during creation of the report template.
- Time interval
Click the Settings button to modify the report period. For some types of the reports, the button may be unavailable. Available values are as follows:
- Between the two specified dates
- From the specified date to the report creation date
- From the report creation date, minus the specified number of days, to the report creation date
- Include data from secondary and virtual Administration Servers
- Up to nesting level
- Data wait interval (min)
- Cache data from secondary Administration Servers
- Cache update frequency (h)
- Transfer detailed information from secondary Administration Servers
- Fields tab
Select the fields that will be displayed in the report, and use the Move up button and Move down button to change the order of these fields. Use the Add button or Edit button to specify whether the information in the report must be sorted and filtered by each of the fields.
In the Filters of Details fields section, you can also click the Convert filters button to start using the extended filtering format. This format enables you to combine filtering conditions specified in various fields by using the logical OR operation. After you click the button, the Convert filters panel opens on the right. Click the Convert filters button to confirm conversion. You can now define a converted filter with conditions from the Details fields section that are applied by using the logical OR operation.
Conversion of a report to the format supporting complex filtering conditions will make the report incompatible with the previous versions of Kaspersky Security Center (11 and earlier). Also, the converted report will not contain any data from secondary Administration Servers running such incompatible versions.
- General tab:
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Close the Editing report <Report name> window.
The updated report template appears in the list of report templates.