Automatic installation of updates for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
Nov 27, 2023
You can configure automatic updates of databases and software modules of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows on client devices.
To configure download and automatic installation of updates of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows on devices:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Tasks.
- Click the Add button.
The New task wizard starts. Follow the steps of the wizard.
- For the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows application, select Update as the task subtype.
- Specify the name for the task that you are creating. A task name cannot be more than 100 characters long and cannot include any special characters ("*<>?\:|).
- Choose the task scope.
- Specify the administration group, the device selection, or the devices to which the task applies.
- At the Finish task creation step, if you want to modify the default task settings, enable the Open task details when creation is complete option. If you do not enable this option, the task is created with the default settings. You can modify the default settings later, at any time.
- Click the Create button.
The task is created and displayed in the list of tasks.
- Click the name of the created task to open the task properties window.
- On the Application settings tab of the task properties window, define the update task settings in local or mobile mode:
- Local mode: Connection is established between the device and the Administration Server.
- Mobile mode: No connection is established between Kaspersky Security Center and the device (for example, when the device is not connected to the internet).
- Enable the update sources that you want to use to update databases and application modules for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows. If required, change positions of the sources in the list by using the Move up and Move down buttons. If several update sources are enabled, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows tries to connect to them one after another, starting from the top of the list, and performs the update task by retrieving the update package from the first available source.
- Enable the Install approved application module updates option to download and install software module updates together with the application databases.
If the option is enabled, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows notifies the user about available software module updates and includes software module updates in the update package when running the update task. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows installs only those updates for which you have set the Approved status; they will be installed locally through the application interface or through Kaspersky Security Center.
You can also enable the Automatically install critical application module updates option. If any updates are available for software modules, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows automatically installs those that have Critical status; the remaining updates will be installed after you approve them.
- Select the Copy updates to folder check box in order for the application to save downloaded updates to a folder, and then specify the folder path.
- Schedule the task. To ensure timely updates, we recommend that you select the When new updates are downloaded to the repository option.
- Click Save.
When the Update task is running, the application sends requests to Kaspersky update servers.
Some updates require installation of the latest versions of management plug-ins.