Enabling and disabling the offline model of update download
Dec 4, 2023
We recommend that you avoid disabling the offline model of update download. Disabling it may cause failures in update delivery to devices. In certain cases, a Kaspersky Technical Support specialist may recommend that you disable the Download updates and anti-virus databases from Administration Server in advance option. Then, you will have to make sure that the task for receiving updates for Kaspersky applications has been set up.
To enable or disable the offline model of update download for an administration group:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Policies & profiles.
- Click Groups.
- In the administration group structure, select the administration group for which you need to enable the offline model of update download.
- Click the Network Agent policy.
The properties window of the Network Agent policy opens.
By default, settings of child policies are inherited from parent policies and cannot be modified. If the policy that you want to modify is inherited, you first need to create a new policy for Network Agent in the required administration group. In the newly created policy, you can modify the settings that are not locked in the parent policy.
- In the Application settings tab, select the Manage patches and updates section.
- Enable or disable the Download updates and anti-virus databases from Administration Server in advance (recommended) option to enable or disable, respectively, the offline model of update download.
By default, the offline model of update download is enabled.
The offline model of update download will be enabled or disabled.