Find vulnerabilities and required updates task settings
Nov 27, 2023
The Find vulnerabilities and required updates task is created automatically when the quick start wizard is running. If you did not run the wizard, you can create the task manually.
In addition to the general task settings, you can specify the following settings when creating the Find vulnerabilities and required updates task or later, when configuring the properties of the created task:
- Search for vulnerabilities and updates listed by Microsoft
- Connect to the update server to update data
- Search for third-party vulnerabilities and updates listed by Kaspersky
- Specify paths for advanced search of applications across the file system
- Enable advanced diagnostics
- Maximum size, in MB, of advanced diagnostics files
Recommendations on the task schedule
When scheduling the Find vulnerabilities and required updates task, make sure that two options—Run missed tasks and Use automatically randomized delay for task starts—are enabled.
By default, the Find vulnerabilities and required updates task is set to start at 6:00 PM. If the organization's workplace rules provide for shutting down all devices at this time, the Find vulnerabilities and required updates task will run after the devices are turned on again, that is, in the morning of the next day. Such activity may be undesirable because a vulnerability scan may increase the load on CPUs and disk subsystems. You must set up the most convenient schedule for the task based on the workplace rules adopted in the organization.