Creating an application category that includes executable files from selected folder
Dec 4, 2023
You can use executable files from a selected folder as a standard of executable files that you want to allow or block in your organization. On the basis of executable files from the selected folder, you can create an application category and use it in the Application Control component configuration.
To create an application category that includes executable files from the selected folder:
- In the main menu, go to Operations → Third-party applications → Application categories.
The page with a list of application categories is displayed.
- Click the Add button.
The New category wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the Select category creation method page of the wizard, specify the category name and select the Category that includes executable files from a specific folder. Executable files of applications copied to the specified folder are automatically processed and their metrics are added to the category option.
- Specify the folder whose executable files will be used to create the application category.
- Define the following settings:
- Include dynamic-link libraries (DLL) in this category
- Include script data in this category
- Hash value computing algorithm: Calculate SHA-256 for files in this category (supported by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows and later versions) / Calculate MD5 for files in this category (supported by versions earlier than Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows)
- Force folder scan for changes
When the wizard finishes, the application category is created. It is displayed in the list of application categories. You can use the application category at Application Control configuration.
For detailed information about Application Control, refer to the following Help topics:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Online Help
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux Online Help
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization Light Agent