Creating custom installation packages
Dec 4, 2023
You can use custom installation packages to do the following:
- To install any application (for example, a text editor) on a client device, for example, by means of a task.
- To create a stand-alone installation package.
A custom installation package is a folder with a set of files. The source to create a custom installation package is an archive file. The archive file contains a file or files that must be included in the custom installation package. Creating a custom installation package, you can specify command-line parameters, for example, to install the application in a silent mode.
To create a custom installation package:
- In the console tree, select the Administration Server → Advanced → Remote installation → Installation packages.
A list of installation packages available on Administration Server is displayed.
- Above the list of installation packages, click the Create installation package button.
The New package wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the first page of the wizard, select Create an installation package for the specified executable file.
- On the next page of the wizard, specify the custom installation package name.
- On the next page of the wizard, click the Browse button and, in a standard Windows Open window, choose an archive file located on the available disks to create a custom installation package.
You can upload a ZIP, CAB, TAR, or TAR.GZ archive. It is not possible to create an installation package from an SFX (self-extracting archive) file.
Files are downloaded to the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server.
- On the next page of the wizard, specify the command-line parameters of an executable file.
You can specify command-line parameters to install the application from the installation package in a silent mode. Specifying command-line parameters is optional.
If you want, configure the following options:
- Copy entire folder to the installation package
- Convert settings to recommended values for applications recognized by Kaspersky Security Center
The process to create the custom installation package starts.
The wizard informs you when the process is finished.
If the custom installation package is not created, an appropriate message is displayed.
- Click the Finish button to close the wizard.
The installation package that you created is downloaded to the Packages subfolder of the Administration Server shared folder. After downloading, the custom installation package appears in the list of installation packages.
In the list of installation packages on Administration Server, you can view and edit custom installation package properties.