Viewing the list of encryption events
Dec 4, 2023
When running data encryption or decryption tasks on devices, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows sends Kaspersky Security Center information about events of the following types:
- Cannot encrypt or decrypt a file, or create an encrypted archive, due to a lack of free disk space.
- Cannot encrypt or decrypt a file, or create an encrypted archive, due to license issues.
- Cannot encrypt or decrypt a file, or create an encrypted archive, due to missing access rights.
- The application has been prohibited from accessing an encrypted file.
- Unknown errors.
To view a list of events that occurred during data encryption on devices,
In the main menu, go to Operations → Data encryption and protection → Encryption events.
If the section is not on the menu, this means that it is hidden. In the user interface settings, enable the Show data encryption and protection option to display the section.
You can export the list of encrypted drives to a CSV or TXT file. To do this, click the Export rows to CSV file or Export rows to TXT file button.
Alternatively, you can examine the list of encryption events for every managed device.
To view the encryption events for a managed device:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Managed devices.
- Click on the name of a managed device.
- On the General tab, go to the Protection section.
- Click the View data encryption errors link.