Changing DBMS credentials
Nov 27, 2023
Sometimes, you may need to change DBMS credentials, for example, in order to perform a credential rotation for security purposes.
To change DBMS credentials in a Windows environment by using klsrvswch.exe:
- Launch the klsrvswch utility that is located in the installation folder of Kaspersky Security Center. The default installation path: <Disk>:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center.
- Click the Next button of the wizard until you reach the Change DBMS access credentials step.
- At the Change DBMS access credentials step of the wizard, perform the following:
- Select the Apply new credentials option.
- Specify a new account name in the Account field.
- Specify a new password for an account in the Password field.
- Specify the new password in the Confirm password field.
You should specify credentials of an account that exists in the DBMS.
- Click the Next button.
After the wizard finishes, the DBMS credentials are changed.