Creating installation packages required to configure cloud environment
Dec 4, 2023
The Configure cloud environment wizard in Kaspersky Security Center is available if you have the installation packages and management plug-ins for the following programs:
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
Deployment of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows in a cloud environment will be available after the upcoming release of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.12 for Windows.
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server
These installation packages are required for installing the applications on the instances or virtual machines that you want to protect. If you do not have these installation packages, you must create them. Otherwise, the Configure cloud environment wizard cannot work.
To create installation packages:
- Download the latest versions of the applications and plug-ins at the Kaspersky website:
- The installer and the management plug-in for Kaspersky Security for Windows Server.
- The installer, files for remote installation via Kaspersky Security Center, and the management plug-in for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux.
- Save all files on the instance (or virtual machine) where the Administration Server is installed.
- Extract the files from all the packages.
- Start Kaspersky Security Center.
- In the console tree, go to Advanced → Remote installation → Installation packages and click Create installation package.
- Select Create Kaspersky installation package.
- Specify the name for the package and the path to the application installer: <folder>\<file name>.kud, and then click Next.
- Read the End User License Agreement and select the check box confirming that you accept its terms, and then click Next.
The installation package will be uploaded to the Administration Server and will be available in the list of installation packages.
Configuration of a cloud environment becomes available as soon as you create the installation packages and install the management plug-ins on the Administration Server.