Creating a connection profile for out-of-office users
Dec 4, 2023
An Administration Server connection profile is available only on devices running Windows and macOS.
To create a profile for connecting Network Agent to Administration Server for out-of-office users:
- If you want to create a connection profile for a group of managed devices, open the Network Agent policy of this group. To do this, do the following:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Policies & profiles.
- Click the current path link.
- In the window that opens, select a required administration group.
After that, the current path is changed.
- Add the Network Agent policy for the group of managed devices. If you have already created it, click the Network Agent policy name to open the policy properties.
- If you want to create a connection profile for a specific managed device, do the following:
- In the main menu, go to Devices → Managed devices.
- Click the name of the managed device.
- In the managed device properties window that opens, go to the Applications tab.
- Click the name of the Network Agent policy to which only the selected managed device applies.
- In the properties window that opens, go to Application settings → Connectivity → Connection profiles.
- In the Administration Server connection profiles section, click the Add button.
By default, the list of connection profiles contains the <Offline mode> and <Home Administration Server> profiles. Profiles cannot be edited or removed.
The <Offline mode> profile does not specify any Server for connection. Therefore, Network Agent, when switched to that profile, does not attempt to connect to any Administration Server while applications installed on client devices run under out-of-office policies. The <Offline mode> profile can be used if devices are disconnected from the network.
The <Home Administration Server> profile specifies the connection for the Administration Server that was selected during Network Agent installation. The <Home Administration Server> profile is applied when a device is reconnected to the home Administration Server after it was running on an external network for some time.
- In the Configure profile window that opens, configure the connection profile:
- Profile name
- Administration Server address
- Port number
- SSL port
- Use SSL connection
- Select the Use proxy server option if you want to use a proxy server when connecting to the internet. If this option is selected, fields are available for entering settings. Specify the following settings for a proxy server connection:
- Connection gateway address
- Enable out-of-office mode when Administration Server is not available
- Use to receive updates only
- Synchronize connection settings with the Administration Server settings specified in this profile
A profile for connecting Network Agent to Administration Server is created for out-of-office users. When Network Agent connects to Administration Server by using this profile, applications installed on the client device will use policies for devices in out-of-office mode or out-of-office policies.