Dec 4, 2023
The Hardening Guide is intended for professionals who install and administer Kaspersky Security Center, as well as for those who provide technical support to organizations that use Kaspersky Security Center.
The Hardening Guide describes recommendations and features of configuring Kaspersky Security Center and its components, aimed to reduce the risks of its compromise.
The Hardening Guide includes the following information:
- Selecting the Administration Server architecture
- Configuring a secure connection to Administration Server
- Configuring accounts to access Administration Server
- Managing protection of Administration Server and client devices
- Configuring protection for managed applications
- Administration Server maintenance
- Transferring information to third-party applications
Before you start to work with Administration Server, Kaspersky Security Center prompts you to read the brief version of the Hardening Guide.
Note that you cannot use Administration Server until you confirm that you have read the Hardening Guide.
To read the Hardening Guide:
- Open Administration Console or Kaspersky Security Center Web Console and log in to the console. The console checks whether you confirmed reading the current version of the Hardening Guide.
If you have not yet read the Hardening Guide, a window opens and displays a brief version of it.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to view the brief version of the Hardening Guide as a text document, click the Open in new window link.
- If you want to view the full version of the Hardening Guide, click the Open Hardening Guide in Online Help link.
- After you read the Hardening Guide, select the I confirm that I have fully read and understand the Hardening Guide check box, and then click the Accept button.
Now, you can work with Administration Server.
When a new version of the Hardening Guide appears, Kaspersky Security Center will prompt you to read it.