Creating an application category that includes executable files from a specific folder
Dec 4, 2023
You can use executable files from a selected folder as a standard of executable files that you want to allow or block in your organization. On the basis of executable files from the selected folder, you can create an application category and use it in the Application Control component configuration.
To create an application category that includes executable files from a specific folder:
- In the console tree, in the Advanced → Application management folder select the Application categories subfolder.
- Click the New category button.
The New category wizard starts. Proceed through the wizard by using the Next button.
- On the Category type wizard page, select Category that includes executable files from specific folder as the user category type.
- On the Enter the application category name wizard page, enter the new application category name.
- On the Repository folder wizard page, click the Browse button.
- Specify the folder whose executable files will be used to create the application category.
- Define the following settings:
- Include dynamic-link libraries (DLL) in this category
- Include script data in this category
- Hash value computing algorithm: Calculate SHA-256 for files in this category (supported by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows and later versions) / Calculate MD5 for files in this category (supported by versions earlier than Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows)
- Force folder scan for changes
- On the Creating the application category wizard page, click the Finish button.
When the wizard has completed, a user application category is created. You can view the newly created category using the list of categories in the workspace of the Application categories folder.