Moving devices to an administration group
Nov 27, 2023
You can move devices from one administration group to another only if you have the Modify permission in the Management of administration groups area for both source and target administration groups (or for the Administration Server to which these groups belong).
To include one or several devices in a selected administration group:
- In the console tree, expand the Managed devices folder.
- In the Managed devices folder, select the subfolder that corresponds to the group in which the client devices will be included.
If you want to include the devices in the Managed devices group, you can skip this step.
- In the workspace of the selected administration group, on the Devices tab, start the process of including the devices in the group in one of the following ways:
- By adding the devices to the group by clicking the Move devices to group button in the information box for the list of devices
- By selecting Create → Device in the context menu of the list of devices
The Move devices wizard starts. Following its instructions, select a method for moving the devices to the group and create a list of devices to include in the group.
If you create the list of devices manually, you can use an IP address (or an IP range), a NetBIOS name, or a DNS name as the address of a device. You can manually move to the list only devices for which information has already been added to the Administration Server database upon connection of the device, or after device discovery.
To import a list of devices from a file, specify a TXT file with a list of addresses of the devices to be added. Each address must be specified in a separate line.
After the wizard completes, the selected devices are included in the administration group and are displayed in the list of devices under names generated by Administration Server.
You can move a device to the selected administration group by dragging it from the Unassigned devices folder to the folder of that administration group.