Configuring event notification
Nov 27, 2023
Kaspersky Security Center allows you to select a method of notifying the administrator of events on client devices and to configure notification:
- Email. When an event occurs, the application sends a notification to email addresses specified. You can edit the text of the notification.
- SMS. When an event occurs, the application sends a notification to the phone numbers specified. You can configure SMS notifications to be sent through the mail gateway.
- Executable file. When an event occurs on a device, the executable file is started on the administrator's workstation. Using the executable file, the administrator can receive the parameters of any event that has occurred.
To configure notification of events occurring on client devices:
- In the console tree, select the node with the name of the required Administration Server.
- In the workspace of the node, select the Events tab.
- Click the Configure notifications and event export link and select the Configure notifications value in the drop-down list.
This opens the Properties: Events window.
- In the Notification section, select a notification method (by email, by SMS, or by running an executable file) and define the notification settings:
- In the Notification message field, enter the text that the application will send when an event occurs.
You can use the drop-down list to the right of the text field to add substitution settings with event details (for example, event description, or time of occurrence).
If the notification text contains a percent (%), you must specify it twice in succession to allow message sending. For example, "CPU load is 100%%".
- Click the Send test message button to check whether notification has been configured correctly.
The application sends a test notification to the specified user.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The re-adjusted notification settings are applied to all events that occur on client devices.