Upgrading Kaspersky Security Center from a previous version
Dec 4, 2023
The following topic describes recommended preparation steps for the upgrade: Upgrading Kaspersky Security Center and managed security applications.
You can install version 14.2 of Administration Server on a device that has an earlier version of Administration Server installed (starting from version 11 (220.127.116.111b)). When upgrading to version 14.2, all data and settings from the previous version of Administration Server are preserved.
If problems occur during Administration Server installation, you can restore the previous version of Administration Server using the backup copy of the Administration Server data created before the upgrade.
If at least one Administration Server of the new version has been installed on the network, you can upgrade other Administration Servers on the network using the remote installation task that uses the Administration Server installation package.
If you deployed the Kaspersky Security Center failover cluster, you can also upgrade Kaspersky Security Center on its nodes.
To upgrade an earlier version of Administration Server to version 14.2:
- Run the ksc_14.2_<build number>_full_<language>.exe installation file for version 14.2 (you can download this file from the Kaspersky website).
- In the window that opens, click the Install Kaspersky Security Center 14.2 link to start the Administration Server setup wizard. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
- The terms and conditions of this EULA
Installation of the application on your device will continue after you select both check boxes. The setup wizard prompts you to create a backup of the Administration Server data for the earlier version.
Kaspersky Security Center supports data recovery from a backup created with an older version of Administration Server.
- If you want to create a backup of the Administration Server data, specify this in the Administration Server backup window that opens.
A backup is created by the klbackup utility. This utility is included in the distribution kit, and is located at the root of the Kaspersky Security Center installation folder.
- Install Administration Server version 14.2 by following the setup wizard.
If a message appears that the Kaspersky Security Center Web Console service is busy, click the Ignore button in the wizard window.
We recommend that you avoid terminating the setup wizard. If you cancel the upgrade at the step of Administration Server installation may cause the upgraded version of Kaspersky Security Center to fail.
- For devices on which the earlier version of Network Agent is installed, create and run the task for remote installation of the new version of Network Agent.
We recommend that you upgrade the Network Agent for Linux to the same version as Kaspersky Security Center.
After completion of the remote installation task, the Network Agent version is upgraded.