Installing a configuration profile on a device
Dec 4, 2023
To install a configuration profile to a mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- In the workspace, filter iOS MDM devices by protocol type (iOS MDM).
- Select the user mobile device on which you have to install a configuration profile.
You can select multiple mobile devices to install the profile on them simultaneously.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
- In the Mobile device management commands window, proceed to the Install profile section and click the Send command button.
You can also send the command to the mobile device by selecting All commands in the context menu of that mobile device, and then selecting Install profile.
The Select profiles window opens showing a list of profiles. Select from the list the profile that you have to install on the mobile device. You can select multiple profiles to install them on the mobile device simultaneously. To select the range of profiles, use the Shift key. To combine profiles into a group, use the CTRL key.
- Click OK to send the command to the mobile device.
When the command is executed, the selected configuration profile will be installed on the user's mobile device. If the command is successfully executed, the current status of the command in the command log will be shown as Done.
You can click the Resend button to send the command to the user's mobile device again.
You can click the Remove from queue button to cancel execution of a command that was sent if the command has not yet been executed.
The Command log section displays commands that have been sent to the mobile device, with the respective execution statuses. Click Refresh to update the list of commands.
- Click OK to close the Mobile device management commands window.
You can view the profile that you installed and remove it, if necessary.