Installing a provisioning profile to a device
Dec 4, 2023
To install a provisioning profile on a mobile device:
- In the Mobile Device Management folder in the console tree, select the Mobile devices subfolder.
The folder workspace displays a list of managed mobile devices.
- In the workspace, filter iOS MDM devices by protocol type (iOS MDM).
- Select the user's mobile device on which you have to install the provisioning profile.
You can select multiple mobile devices to install the provisioning profile simultaneously.
- In the context menu of the mobile device, select Show command log.
- In the Mobile device management commands window, proceed to the Install provisioning profile section and click the Send command button.
You can also send the command to the mobile device by selecting All commands from the context menu of that mobile device, and then selecting Install provisioning profile.
The Select provisioning profiles window opens showing a list of provisioning profiles. Select from the list the provisioning profile that you have to install on the mobile device. You can select multiple provisioning profiles to install them on the mobile device simultaneously. To select the range of provisioning profiles, use the Shift key. To combine provisioning profiles into a group, use the Ctrl key.
- Click OK to send the command to the mobile device.
When the command is executed, the selected provisioning profile will be installed on the user's mobile device. If the command is successfully executed, its current status in the command log is shown as Completed.
You can click the Resend button to send the command to the user's mobile device again.
You can click the Remove from queue button to cancel execution of a command that was sent if the command has not yet been executed.
The Command log section displays commands that have been sent to the mobile device, with the respective execution statuses. Click Refresh to update the list of commands.
- Click OK to close the Mobile device management commands window.
You can view the profile that you installed and remove it, if necessary.