Assigning the user as a device owner
Dec 4, 2023
You can assign the user as a device owner to allocate a device to that user. If you have to perform some actions on the device (for example, upgrade hardware), the administrator can notify the device owner to authorize those actions.
To assign a user as the owner of a device:
- In the console tree, select the Managed devices folder.
- In the workspace of the folder, on the Devices tab, select the device for which you need to assign an owner.
- In the context menu of the device, select Properties.
- In the device properties window, select System Info → Sessions.
- Click the Assign button next to the Device owner field.
- In the User selection window, select the user to assign as the device owner and click OK.
- Click OK.
The device owner is assigned. By default, the Device owner field is filled with a value from Active Directory and is updated during every Active Directory poll. You can view the list of device owners in the Report on device owners. You can create a report using the New report template wizard.